Griffin Memorial House
510 North Pine St. at Epps
Tomball , 77375
original Pillot home, moved to current location; marker in Tomball Museum Center Complex; supplemental marker below Medallion & Plate noting gift of house to the Spring Creek County Historical Association
Directions: From SH 249 Business, right on SH 2920 one mile to North Pine, road becomes Main Street, north/left on N. Pine to parking area at the end of the road, past Epps, marker located in Tomball Museum Center Complex, on the left, marker on exterior wall to the right of the Magdalene Charlton Memorial Museum/Griffin Memorial house front door
Key Time Period: 1846 - 1865 Statehood - Civil War
Marker Text: Built about 1860 by Eugene Pillot, one of the sons of Claude Nicholas Pillot, early Harris County settler. Taught trade by his father, Eugene Pillot became an outstanding builder in Texas coastal area. Original site of this house (near Atascosita Trail route) was south of Willow Creek, where General Sam Houston often stopped as a guest. Owned by family of John B. Griffin from 1920 to 1965.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1969
Given in 1965 to Spring Creek County Historical Association by Mrs. Ruth Griffin McCourt in memory of her father, Edmond B. Griffin.
Marker Type: RTHL Marker
Historical Org: Texas Historical Commission (THC)
Key Map Information: 288 G
GPS Coordinates: 30 05.939, 95 37.176
Precinct No: 4
Marker No: 10675