Marker Details

Anderson House


3925 Del Monte

Houston , 77019

Notes:
Francita Ulmer email 12/06/2014, home is being torn down; per JF site visits home razed sometime in the period between Dec. 11, 2014 & Feb. 11, 2015
Directions:

Key Time Period: 1941 - 1945 World War II

Corretions/New Research:

Marker Text: Featuring Neoclassical elements in its design, this house is noteworthy for its association with two of Houston's premier 20th-century residential architects. Hiram Salisbury, a popular architect for early homes in River Oaks, designed the original part of the house, which was completed in 1941. In need of additional space for their family, owners Thomas D. And Helen Sharp Anderson hired noted Texas architect John Staub to design an east-wing addition in 1950. Set within a formal landscape, the Anderson House features a two-story porch on the front fa├žade detailed with Ionic columns above and Doric columns on the ground level.



Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2001
Marker Type: RTHL Marker
Historical Org: Texas Historical Commission (THC)

Key Map Information: 492 N

GPS Coordinates: 29 44.975, 95 26.565

Precinct No: 4

Marker No: 12530