New Orleans native Albert M. Armand was a clerk for Ahrens & Ott, a Houston plumbing supply company, by 1910. On Sep. 15, 1911, he bought block 6 lot 5 in the Avondale neighborhood from the Greater Houston Land and Improvement Company for $2,000. Armand lived here for only two years before selling the house, which had several owners and residents in its early history. The two-story, asymmetrical, side gabled house exhibits arts & crafts styling in its wraparound porch with full-height square wood columns, gabled portico highlighting the entry, and knee brackets on the eaves of the main house and porch.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2013
Marker is property of the State of Texas